[SN-ANNOUNCE] Vacancy: Deputy Director/Research Manager
mzizig at ukzn.ac.za
Fri Apr 23 10:35:39 SAST 2004
TO ALL SANGONet USERS
In striving to meet the goals established in the University's employment
equity plans, preference may be given to candidates who belong to the
designated groups identified in the Employment Equity Act. All appointments
are merit-based and candidates who do not meet the criteria stipulated below
will not be considered.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR / RESEARCH MANAGER
3 -YEAR FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT
FARMERS SUPPORT GROUP
REFERENCE NO.: P37/2004 CLOSING DATE: 7 May 2004
The Farmer Support Group (FSG) manages projects in rural communities in
sustainable agriculture and natural resource management. FSG is looking for
a Deputy Director / Research Manager who will participate in the overall
management of the organization and facilitate the development and
implementation of a comprehensive action research programme for FSG.
· Ensure sound management of the organization and its resources, together
with the Director, the Management Team, and the Administrative Finance Team
Deputise in the absence of the Director;
· Facilitate the development and implementation of a comprehensive action
research programme to reflect on and improve FSG's praxis;
· Coordinate and participate in the preparation of scientific and
· Participate in undergraduate and postgraduate lecturing;
· Ensure networking, sharing of experiences and learning of staff within the
organisation, the University, partner organisations, and other relevant
· Engage in fund raising and consultancy work together with the Director,
Management Team, and other staff;
· Engage in lobbying and advocacy.
· A relevant Masters Degree AND 3 years experience in management and/or
research, of a unit or organization in agriculture and/or rural development
OR 6 years relevant experience of which 2 years should be in a senior
· A track record of relevant publications.
· Competence in the application of participatory action research in
agriculture and/or rural development.
· Ability to work in a team, as well as independently, on multiple tasks,
and under pressure.
· Competent in word processing and spreadsheets.
· Unendorsed drivers license (code 08).
· The ability to speak isiZulu.
· Experience with lecturing, and familiarity with systems thinking.
Successful candidates may be required to undergo a skills test.
REMUNERATION: R120 986 - R211 438 per annum, including benefits. (Grade 8)
Applicants are required to fax a detailed CV to Admark Response Handling on
0866 100 410 or e-mail: lindad at adcorp.co.za quoting the relevant reference
number. In addition, applicants should provide contact details ( telephone,
fax, and e-mail address) of three referees.
More information about the SN-Announce