[SN-ANNOUNCE] Vacancy: Provincial Coordinator - Limpopo NGO Coalition
mabalane at SANGOCO.org.za
Fri Feb 18 11:59:20 SAST 2005
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
Vacancy: Provincial Coordinator - Limpopo NGO Coalition
Limpopo NGO Coalition is a provincial coordinating body of the South African
NGO Coalition (SANGOCO). SANGOCO emerged in 1990s to coordinate NGO input
into the government policy and ensure that the rich traditions of civil
society, forged in the resistance to apartheid continue to serve the people
of South Africa. SANGOCO is the largest single umbrella body of NGOs in the
Southern African region with members in every corner of the country and
working on all issues affecting South Africa's development.
About the position
· This is a most senior position within the Limpopo Secretariat, and
the incumbent will report to the Provincial Executive Committee (PEC).
· The suitable candidate should be self-motivated and must possess a
3 -5 year working experience in the development sector, in a management
· A degree or diploma in development studies will be an advantage.
· The candidate should possess project management skills, written
and verbal communication skills, fundraising, good networking skills and
stakeholder relations management.
· An understanding of the socio-economic and political environment
within which SANGOCO operates would be essential.
Key Performance Areas
· Providing overall strategic leadership and management for the
· Ensure that proper accounts are kept and submitted on a regular
· Supervise staff and oversee infrastructure of the provincial
· Keep the PEC and National Secretariats updated on activities of
· Submit reports to the PEC & National Office on a regular basis
· Manage and lead the provincial resource mobilization process
· Build a positive public image and external relations of the
· Enter into contracts on behalf of the province, and authorize the
signing of documents in the name of the provincial secretariat
· Implement and oversee provincial programmes
· Mobilize and maintain sound relations with the provincial
· Be prepared to cover the length and breath of Limpopo Province
N.B. The incumbent must strictly be a resident in Limpopo Province. A
negotiable competitive salary is offered. SANGOCO is an equal opportunity
employer. A valid driver's licence is required.
Send you CV and cover letter, including two contactable references to:
Post: Mr. Buzani Mnguni, Limpopo NGO Coalition, P.O Box 272, Polokwane, 0700
or Fax: (015) 295 3541 or e-mail: sangocolimpopo at absamail.co.za
Closing date: 28 February 2005 (no late applications will be considered)
Should you not hear from us within a month after closing date, please
consider your application as unsuccessful.
More information about the SN-Announce