[SN-ANNOUNCE] Adopt-A-School Foundation: Senior Community
slebere at Shanduka.co.za
Fri May 16 09:25:50 SAST 2008
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
Background of the Adopt-A-School Foundation
The Adopt-A-School Foundation assists schools in need to access basic
facilities which results in the creation of an environment that is conducive
to quality learning and teaching.
Position: Senior Community Coordinator
Roles and Responsibilities
* Detail school assessment
* Baseline research on status of schools and the community
* Identify skills and resources gaps
* Provide relevant advice and recommendations to schools
* Compile detail profile of school and its community
* Compile reports/presentations to potential donors/adopter
* Identify potential SME's and NGO's in the community
* Pursue continued working relationship with all stakeholders and NGO's in
* Identify clustering in schools adopted and Alumni
* Identify Alumni in schools adopted by the Foundation
* Encourage community participation in the school
* Measure impact of the project
Requirements and Qualifications
* B.A. degree in Social Science or relevant working experience in a NGO's
* Some exposure to developmental economics.
* Project management knowledge and/or experience.
* Excellent communications, interpersonal, presentation and report writing
* Vast knowledge of community projects and NGO background would be an
* Good understanding of developmental issues in the context of government
policies specifically education.
* Excellent networking experience
* Able to speak two African languages.
* Valid Drivers Licence.
* Willingness to travel extensively.
* Salary will be market related
* Close of application: 23 May 2008.
Contact: Stephen Lebere at slebere at Shanduka.co.za, Fax: 086 605 2831
More information about the SN-Announce