[SN-ANNOUNCE] SAIDE: Digital Systems Coordinator Vacancy
South African Institute for Distance Education
maureenm at saide.org.za
Tue May 20 12:23:24 SAST 2008
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
Join a dynamic and highly professional team in a well-run organisation, with an established track record of contributing to educational transformation in South Africa.
Based in Johannesburg, SAIDE undertakes projects across South Africa, as well as in sub-Saharan Africa. It strives to increase access to cost-effective quality education, especially to more marginalised communities, through the appropriate use of distance education and different technologies. It contributes to policy development, researches educational practice, and offers a range of capacity-building services. It works across the educational spectrum.
SAIDE seeks to appoint a Digital Systems Coordinator, who will:
* Maintain SAIDE’s IT infrastructure
* Update the design of SAIDE’s IT infrastructure
* Troubleshoot network and staff IT problems
* Support maintenance of various digital systems within SAIDE
* Provide support to SAIDE projects where IT skills are required
* Have appropriate experience in managing computer networks for approximately 20 users;
* An A+ or MCSE qualification will be an advantage;
* Have effective written/oral communication skills
* Have initiative, be flexible and hardworking
* Enjoy working in teams as well as independently.
Black applicants are especially, but not exclusively, welcome.
A written one page motivation, CV and three work-related referees with contact details should be sent, preferably by email, by 30 May 2008 to: Ms Maureen Madonsela, SAIDE, PO Box 31822, Braamfontein, 2017. Email: maureenm at saide.org.za, Fax: 011 403 2813. A detailed job description is available on request.
More information about the SN-Announce