[SN-ANNOUNCE] COHSASA: Informatics Assistant Vacancy
Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa
elsaw at cohsasa.co.za
Mon Jun 23 09:58:08 SAST 2008
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
Position: Informatics Assistant
Deadline: 4 July 2008
The Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa (COHSASA) is a not-for-profit organisation that delivers Quality Improvement and Accreditation programmes in health care facilities, supported by CoQIS, a web-based Quality Improvement System. COHSASA is also providing an Adverse Event Monitoring programme using the web-based AIMS system. Together the programmes aim to improve the overall quality of care and safety of patients in health care facilities.
COHSASA invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Informatics Assistant. The successful applicant will form part of a small key team responsible for the implementation and management of the CoQIS application. The informatics assistant supports the Informatics Manager and Administrator and would be involved in all aspects of this units function, be motivated by problem solving and working to ensure a client friendly product.
* Trained to provide training on the CoQIS application in support of client data capture;
* Assist with monitoring and evaluating Helpdesk call log;
* Provide second tier Helpdesk support for clients;
* Ensure client evaluation deadlines are met;
* Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of CoQIS performance;
* Assist with generating data for research and development.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team and have the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
*Advanced MS Office skills particularly Excel essential;
* Some knowledge of system applications;
* Experience in client relations and /or support;
* Experience with software development life cycle preferred;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Willingness to undertake occasional travel.
COHSASA operates in English but fluency in other official languages would be an advantage.
Interested candidates should fax their CV to 0866576647. Please include a letter of motivation and the names and contact details of relevant work references. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on COHSASA, please go to: http://www.cohsasa.co.za
More information about the SN-Announce