[SN-ANNOUNCE] International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL)
The Community Education Computer Society
courses at cecs.org.za
Tue Jun 24 11:24:42 SAST 2008
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) Training Course
The Community Education Computer Society (CECS) will be conducting the ICDL
course for 10 Saturdays, starting 12 July 2008 from 9:00 - 16:00 and
registration is open.
The ICDL is recognised as an international standard for end-user computing
skills and is endorsed by a number of universities, colleges and schools in
S A. The ICDL provides an internationally recognised qualification in 140
countries. To obtain the ICDL, a student must pass seven modules. It
certifies that the holder has the knowledge and skill needed to use the most
common applications practically and productively.
CECS is registered with the ICDL Foundation (registration number 60703) as a
training centre since 2004.
You must be confident with the keyboard and mouse.
The ICDL course consists of the following seven modules:
* Module 1: Basic Concepts of IT
* Module 2: File Management (Windows 2000)
* Module 3: Word-processing (Word XP)
* Module 4: Spreadsheet (MS Excel XP)
* Module 5: Databases (MS Access XP)
* Module 6: Presentation (MS PowerPoint XP)
* Module 7: Communication and Information
The detailed 30-page ICDL syllabus 4 is available on our website. The above
modules cover both Beginners and Intermediate levels. Also, the ICDL has
also been mapped to ISETT Seta Unit Standards and SAQA qualification 49077
(National Certificate: Information Technology: End User Computing). The
mapping document can be found on our website.
37 Harrison Street (corner Commissioner St), 3rd Floor FNB Nelson Mandela
Building, Johannesburg, 2000
The course fee is R1710.00 (VAT Incl) and includes the following:
* Training by an ICDL certified trainer
* The complete ICDL syllabus
* A detailed step-by-step manual
* A Skills Log Book valued at R300.00
* Sample exams for all seven modules
* Access to our computers and the Internet on Fridays at no extra cost
* Setting up of a personalised e-mail address
The course fee excludes the examination fee of R120.00 per module. You can
elect to write four modules to receive the Start ICDL Certificate.
A comparison with commercial ICT training companies reveals that the ICDL
course will set you back at least R4000.00.
Registration is open and must take place before the starting date of the
course. Complete the registration which can be found on our website,
complete it and fax it with proof of payment to: 011-834-9054 or e-mail it
to: courses at cecs.org.za
COURSE CONTACT DETAILS
Contact: Moipone Mpshe
E-mail: courses at cecs.org.za
* Raises the level of IT knowledge and competency of all computer users
* Improve productivity at work
* Reduces IT support cost
* Enable employers to invest more efficiently in IT
* Improve individual's job prospects and job mobility
FOR WHOM IS THE ICDL?
* Everyone - beginners to expert end-users
* Those who wish to develop their IT skills in the workplace
* Those who want to enhance their career prospects
* Those who want to further their studies
More information about the SN-Announce