[SN-ANNOUNCE] NADEOSA Conference
National Association of Distance Education and Open Learning in South
jennyl at saide.org.za
Fri Jul 4 14:14:26 SAST 2008
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
First Call for Papers
The National Association of Distance Education and Open Learning in South
Africa (NADEOSA) is pleased to announce its annual conference and AGM
scheduled for 18th and 19th August, 2008.
The AGM and conference will take place at the University of Pretoria,
The conference is being hosted by the University of Pretoria's Distance
Education Unit as part of the University's centenary celebrations.
The conference theme will be: Innovation in Open and Distance Education
In a period of growing convergence between the use of distance and
traditional education methodologies in the pursuit of open education ideals,
this conference will be of interest to all educators and education managers
who aspire to provide quality educational experiences in ways that are both
flexible and cost effective.
The conference theme will be explored through the following sub-themes:
* Open education resources
* Innovations in programme design and materials development
* Innovations in student assessment and programme evaluation
* Innovative uses of technology for learner support
* Research development in open and distance education.
We are pleased to announce that Professor Tan Sri Dato' G Dhanarajan, Vice
Chancellor of Wawasan Open University, Penang, Malaysia and former President
of COL will give a keynote address on Monday 18th August
Dr Paul Clark, presently a Senior Research Fellow in the Institute of
Educational Technology at the UK Open University, having just completed a
five year appointment as Pro Vice Chancellor, Learning and Teaching on
Tuesday 19th August.
A cocktail function will be held on the 18th August at which the winners of
the 2008 NADEOSA courseware awards will be announced.
* 25th July 2008: Abstracts of not more than 250 words deadline
* 31st July 2008: Early bird registration and payment deadline
* 13th August 2008: PowerPoint presentation and full paper deadline
* 13th August 2008: Final registration deadline
* Early bird registration fee (including payment) for members: R950.00
* Late registration and fee for non-members: R1100.00
* Individual members (paid up): R500.00
* Exhibitions: R1000.00
All conference correspondence and enquiries should be addressed to:
jennyl at saide.org.za or tel. no: (011)403-2813.
Payment can be made to: NADEOSA - Standard Bank, Braamfontein 00 4805 A/C
no. 002357410 with proof of payment being sent through to:
jennyl at saide.org.za or fax: 011-403-2814.
We look forward to your participation in the 2008 NADEOSA conference.
More information about the SN-Announce