[SN-ANNOUNCE] CEDPA: Short term Life Orientation Curriculum
Centre for Development and Population Activities
slukoji at cedpa.org.za
Mon Jul 7 14:00:48 SAST 2008
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
Post Title: Short term Life Orientation Curriculum Consultant
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Deadline: July 15, 2008
CEDPA, a U.S. based non-profit organization committed to improving the lives
of women and girls worldwide seeks the services of a short-term, life
orientation curriculum consultant. CEDPA has developed a Life Skills
curriculum targeted to girls, ages of 10 to 14 years old. This curriculum
and is currently being piloted via local partners in South Africa, Lesotho
and Swaziland. The manual consists of 14 modules and sessions are
facilitated by community health workers, peer educators and teachers. This
draft curriculum needs to be reviewed against the South African Department
of Educations Life Orientation Curriculum Statement to determine the
feasibility of aligning the draft CEDPA curriculum with the Ministrys
* Consultant will review each module and session of CEDPAs draft curriculum
against the South African National Curriculum statement for Life Orientation
(LO) for the GET band.
* Consultant will determine specific gaps in the curriculum and suggest
* Consultant will assess the curriculum against the required LO learning
outcomes and assessment standards and make recommendations for responding
* Consultant will meet with current MOE officials on the curriculum with the
project director and advise on the process for national approval.
* Consultant will also review current DOH standards for peer education
programs and present the draft curriculum to the MOH for review and comment.
* Consultant will prepare an interim report on estimated time needed to
bring the draft in line with the MOE requirements for curriculum approval.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Minimum of a Senior degree in any of the social sciences preferably
education or other relevant field, and experience in Life Orientation at the
Primary School level
* Proven record of working with peer education programs
* Ability to communicate cross-culturally and work jointly with diverse
stakeholders from the NGO sector
* Proven record of designing and developing curriculum
* Experience working with the various SETAs in South Africa
* Excellent skills in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and
* Fluency in the English language, other official South African languages a
* South Africa citizenship or permanent residency
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should submit applications via e-mail with SANGONET
in the subject line and sent with detailed CV and salary history
to mzama at cedpa.org.za by July 15, 2008.
No phone calls, please.
More information about the SN-Announce