[SN-ANNOUNCE] Western Cape Education Initiative: Manager -
Partnership Programme Vacancy
Ayanda Mbanga Communications (Pty) Limited
mildred.carew at ct.amcomms.co.za
Mon Jul 21 12:26:58 SAST 2008
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
Western Cape Education Initiative
Manager: Partnership Programme
(Four-year Contract Appointment)
The Programme Manager will co-ordinate and be responsible for the successful
implementation of an agreement between a European government and a new
programme with Mathematics and Science Education as core element.
Nine consortium members from complementary disciplines will participate in
this initiative for teachers and learners in the Western Cape over a period
of four years. One of the biggest challenges will be to create synergy and
meaningful collaboration among the contributions of the various consortium
The ultimate aim of the programme is to develop an innovative and systemic
model for schools that may be replicated in other provinces of the country
and even in the rest of Africa.
* Coordinating and assuming responsibility for the successful implementation
of the programme
* Creating synergy and meaningful collaboration among the contributions of
the various consortium members
* Liaising at provincial, national and international level, as well as being
responsible for the dissemination of learnings though appropriate channels
* Developing, implementing and managing strategic initiatives for the
consortium that are aligned with provincial and national strategic
objectives and priorities
* Managing the programme management & co-ordination budget according to the
* Ensuring that the consortium meets budgeted financial objectives.
* A relevant, recognised degree
* At least five years' senior-level management experience in the education
and/or development sector
* Visionary leadership skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and
* Sound understanding of the educational system and its complexities at
school, provincial and national levels
* Proficiency in electronic media
* An excellent written and spoken command of English
* Understanding of, and skills in, the theory and practice of monitoring,
evaluation and learning.
Recommendations: A relevant postgraduate qualification
* Fluency in South African languages other than English.
Commencement of duties: 1 October 2008
Closing date: 8 August 2008
Enquiries: Ms Marthie Momberg on +27 21 808 3621
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment
Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic
composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of
suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your full application, comprising (1) a completed application form
(obtainable on our homepage at http://www.sun.ac.za/applicationforms or by
e-mailing vacancies at sun.ac.za or contacting + 27 21 808 4542) and (2) a
comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and contact details of
at least two referees), must reach the University before or on the closing
date of the advertised post.
Forward your application via e-mail to vacancies at sun.ac.za or to The
Manager: Personnel Provisioning & Planning, Stellenbosch University, Private
Bag X1, Matieland 7602, South Africa, or fax +27 21 808 2484.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the
closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
More information about the SN-Announce