[SN-ANNOUNCE] ELRU: Manager - Community Development
admin at elru.co.za
Fri Aug 1 11:28:14 SAST 2008
TO ALL SANGONeT USERS
Established in 1978, the Early Learning Resource Unit (ELRU) is a
non-governmental organisation administered by the Cape Educational Trust. We
work with people in communities throughout South Africa. Early childhood is
a critical period in education. It is the foundation of human development.
Committed to quality, ELRU firmly believes that young children have the
right to the best opportunities possible.
Manager: Community Development
We require an experienced Early Childhood Development (ECD) facilitator to
manage community development programmes in ECD.
The successful applicant will be able to:
* Manage a small team
* Negotiate and liaise with community stakeholders and government officials
* Support procurement and manage delivery on funder contracts and tenders
* Train when required and contribute to training materials design and
* Engage in advocacy
* Support PR and marketing of the organisation
* Travel occasionally.
The successful applicant will need to have:
* An appropriate ECD and Adult Education qualification
* Five years of experience as a trainer
* Experience as a manager
* Report writing skills
* Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Willingness to prioritise and commit to management
* Qualifications to provide training within the team
* The ability to work independently as well as in a team
* A valid drivers licence.
The successful applicant will form part of the management team.
Please forward CVs to the Operations Manager, P O Box 36353, Glosderry, 7702
or email to adele at elru.co.za
Deadline for applications: 8 August 2008
More information about the SN-Announce