[SN-ANNOUNCE] Siyakhula Trust: Community Fundraising Programme
mothusin at siyakhula.org.za
Mon Mar 26 13:08:08 SAST 2012
Email not displaying correctly? View this item online  *Course Starting
We are pleased to announce that we will be presenting our popular and
practical Community Fundraising Programme in Randburg Johannesburg.
*Venue:* Siyakhula Training Venue - Randburg
*Dates: *16-19 April 2012
*The aim of the programme is:*
To enable NPOs to effectively conduct fundraising activities and to also
capacitate fundraisers to assist NPOs.
NPO Managers and employees tasked with the responsibility of fundraising.
Officials from fundraising organisation and independent fundraisers
This programme addresses the following areas:*
1. What is community fundraising
* Basic principles for effective fundraising
* Understanding fund raising terms
2. Analysing the sector in which your NGO or CBO operates
3. How to compile an organisation profile
4. How to compile a community profile
5. Identifying donors and funding sources
6. Managing donor information
* The importance of establishing a database of possible and existing donors
7. Developing a fundraising strategy
* Attracting funding
* Applying for funding – writing letters of appeal
* Completing funding applications
* Fundraising tips
8. Analysing responses to letters of appeal to determine their effectiveness
9. The importance of writing thank you letters
10. The importance of keeping contact with your donors
* Recognising and honouring donors
11. Raising money through your own efforts
* Organising events
* Using internet technology to assist you (Facebook, LinkedIn etc)
12. Other ways of fundraising
This programme is accredited by the SERVICES SETA and has been aligned to the
following Unit Standards.
* 115207 Seek appropriate sponsorships for an organization-(Level 4 and 8
* 115211 Design and send letters of appeal (level 4 and 4 credits)
* 115213 Devise effective follow-up strategies for fundraising-(Level 4 and
*The Cost for this Programme is:*
R4 560 (Inc VAT)
NB: This fee only applies to NPOs as it is at a discounted rate
* 4 days facilitation
* Assessment and moderation of POEs
* Remedial advice
* Uploading of results to Services Seta
* Issuing of competent certificates
* Lunch + Refreshments
*BOOK NOW LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE*
This course can be held exclusively as an in-house option for your
To reserve your place and to obtain more information please do not hesitate
*Tel:* 011 886 2647
*Fax:* 011 789 1269
*Email: *mothusin at siyakhula.org.za
To discover more about the organisation and the all of the programmes that we
offer please visit our website www.siyakhula.org.za . Event type:
Training Event venue: Siyakhula Training Venue - Randburg Event start
date: 16/04/2012 Event end date: 19/04/2012
Thank you for using NGO Pulse.
NGO Pulse Premium REACHING SOUTHERN AFRICAN NGOS
To advertise to a wider audience, consider using our NGO Pulse Premium
Advertising Service .
Do you know that SANGONeT offers NGOs the best online technology donations
and discounts? Visit our SANGOTeCH website  to find out more.
Get your organisation listed on South Africa's most comprehensive online
directory of NGOs and development organisations. Sign up is free. Visit the
Prodder Directory  for more information.
*Disclaimer:* SANGONeT will not be held liable for any change in information
that is sent out on the NGO Pulse Premium Mailing List.
Subscribe  | Unsubscribe 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SN-Announce